Business Case for not-for-profit merger
Assess the feasibility and benefits of a potential merger / joint venture between the commercial businesses of the four companies
NSW Government Crown Lands Sector Reform.
- Refresh an existing business case for the integration of management and operations of three trusts into one.
- Identify cost savings, capital optimisation and revenue enhancing synergies from integration.
- Identify governance, infrastructure and sustainability benefits.
- Developed a business case for submission to government for a proposal to integrate the management and operations of 3 trusts delivering community services, to realise benefits across a range of areas.
- These benefits included revenue, capital optimisation and cost synergies.
- The integration will enable the development and implementation of a holistic and centralised long-term commercial and operational strategy.
- Active Directions business case proposes a viable solution to the government that would deliver more effective and efficient services for the people of NSW.
Top 3 Tips
Clients that propose an integration should:
- Understand clearly their industry, all businesses involved, and customer drivers for the integration.
- Provide a clear outline of how the workforces will be supported and offer a clear timeline for the integration.
- Understand clearly the cultures and celebrate small milestones along on the way.