Project: To set-up an enterprise-wide program and portfolio management office (ePMO)
Project Trigger: This multinational global provider changed their full business model from a commodity business to a speciality food ingredient business. This required realignment of all their strategic and high-value project initiatives to the overall business strategy.
To set-up an enterprise-wide program and portfolio management office which ensured the following:
- Cross-functional and organizational collaboration and alignment of all strategic project initiatives.
- Project initiatives were future-proof and fuelled through innovative solution management.
- Project delivery and benefits realisation.
- The ePMO transitioned into global delivery vehicle for various projects such as: IT, Finance, Supply Chain, HR and Manufacturing with a total budget of more than £20Mln.
- Delivering more than 20+ high-impact projects and programs which enabled the business strategy to be effective earlier.
The ePMO model delivered the following high-impact benefits:
- Creation of a single Governance, risk and compliance model for different project levels
- Introducing fit-for-purpose project management methodologies that fits the delivery and the project types.
- Ensuring visibility across dependent projects to remove blockages.
- Introducing global “behavioural” initiatives.
Top 3 Tips
Clients that propose to set up a ePMO should:
- Build the PMO to fit the company culture and set rules and expectations for the project team.
- Determine and communicate key performance indicators for measuring the project’s performance.
- Have an agreed plan, roadmap and a clear approach to change management.