An integral part of the Active Directions team is the Financial Business Analyst role which is responsible to support our consulting business through financial analysis and financial data modeling used by the project team to inform the requirements and solutions that will best fit the clients’ needs. In addition, the role will also engage with stakeholders to extract broader business requirements as well as undertake research and data analysis to support our consulting engagements.
The role is a 12-month fixed-term contract and potentially the bridge to developing a longer-term career in management consulting.
About the role:
The incumbent will (have):
- Ability to understand, interpret and report new and existing financial data by building financial models, particularly in Microsoft Excel;
- Analysing any gaps in the data; making strategic recommendations to address those gaps with stakeholders;
- Coordinate/conduct surveys, questionnaires, and other data extraction and collection methods to analyse and deliver succinct data models, capability statements and business cases with a view to current and future business needs;
- Ability to help research, assess market opportunities and financial data across new customers, products, markets, services, computer systems, and processes;
- Experience in data modeling and process improvement across people and operational functions, supported by strong workflow, mapping, and documentation skills;
- Work closely with the project team and other key business decision-makers to ensure the project is delivered in such a way to meet the clients’ expectations and requirements;
- Clearly and succinctly document/deliver findings and insight in line with project requirements;
- Working knowledge and experience with project and change management methodologies such as Agile, ADKAR, Prince2 or others.
About being part of the Active Directions consulting team:
As part of the Active Directions’ consulting team, the incumbent will enjoy the following:
- Working in a values-based organization that recognizes working together will deliver sustainable outcomes greater than the sum of individual contributions;
- A working environment that is quality-driven and intuitive, respectful yet pragmatic;
- Opportunities to work with leading accounting, investment, and advisory partners;
- Access to diverse opportunities; the flexibility to deliver projects in the way that suits the individual;
- Opportunity to work alongside senior consultants who enjoy collaborating, sharing ideas and boosting the outcomes of every project;
- Regular semi-casual team catch-ups focused on collaborating and socializing in equal measure;
- Templates, methodologies, copywriting, graphic design and video production to support high-quality client deliverables.
How to apply:
Please apply by completing the online application form and attaching your CV as well as supporting documents (as appropriate) that detail your understanding and suitability for the role before 10th January 2020. Examples of your work are encouraged and strong references from previous clients are essential. Any queries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the position title (Financial Business Analyst).